Welcome to Palm Springs

Welcome to Palm Springs
Credit Randy

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Plaza Mexico Overview and Observations

Visited: Plaza Mexico in Lynwood, CA
Yelp Link: Plaza Mexico
When: October 28, 2011

Observations: Husband and I came to Plaza Mexico while everyone was celebrating Dia De Los Muertos. There was more vendors then normal but everyone had the usual stuff (Leather Mexico Wallets, Mexican Soccer Jerseys, Mexican Flags, Virgen De Guadalupe trinkets/statues/rosary's, faux flowers for the hair ect. There were also a few Dia De Los Muertos shrines that I took photos of. 

Purchased:
1 Leather Key Chain (soldered with my anniversary and our names)
1 Large Wood Heart (soldered with my anniversary and our names)
1 Large Pink Glitter flower for my hair
1 Leather "Mexico" stamped wallet

Plaza Mexico at one point was thriving with people and rich in Mexican culture however maintenance of the grounds has deteriorated slowly. Statues are missing placards so if you aren't knowledgeable in Mexican Culture you don't know if you are looking at Che or Zapata. A few staples that I found were up kept was the beautiful large water fountains that were small in width but long in length.

Plaza Mexico holds a few restaurants and a Verizon store along with a large "Swap Meet" style structure that holds random items like Brass Knuckles, custom Gold/ Plastic/ Silver necklaces really popular in pop culture.

Overall I enjoyed being there especially since my husband speaks Spanish so I didn’t feel like anyone was ripping me off. The buildings and landscaped grounds were enjoyable I just wish they paid a little bit more attention to the art they installed ect. 

Till then.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment